Astha is a Partner Designate with the dispute’s resolution team of the Firm. She specializes in environmental matters, civil and criminal litigation, arbitration, insolvency matters, labour and employment related disputes and consumer disputes.
- Advising and appearing for Godrej Properties Ltd. before the Hon’ble Supreme Court with respect to an ongoing environmental matter.
- Appearing for PNB Housing Finance Ltd. before the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the issue concerning the constitutional validity of Part III of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- Represented Godrej Properties before the Ld. National Green Tribunal (NGT) Principal Bench, New Delhi as well as NGT Chennai.
- Represented Hero in another Special Leave Petition (SLP) filed by one of its Corporate Debtor against the action taken by Hero first under Arbitration Act and thereafter against the IBC. The Hon’ble Supreme Court vide its judgment, held that a reading of Section 14 along with Section 238 of IBC clearly stipulates that there is no bar in invoking the provisions of Arbitration Act, and dismissed the SLP preferred by the Corporate Debtor.
- Advised and represented Krishidhan Seeds Ltd. in insurance related dispute against Oriental Insurance Company before National Consumer Commission, New Delhi and arbitration related to a family dispute.