Pro – Bono
Luthra & Luthra Law Offices India acknowledges the faith, appreciation and acceptance that its clients bestow upon the Firm. To return back the same, the firm actively engages with the society and provides pro bono legal services by way of advising, assisting and legally representing various not-for-profit and charitable organisations.
From their establishment to their fund utilization, from commercial contracts to the protection of their intellectual property rights, the Firm advises such organisations at every step involving legal implications and guidance.
Mr. Rajiv K Luthra, founded LIFE Foundation, as a setup to follow up on the implementation of progressive court orders on a wide range of issues and attempts to ensure bureaucratic accountability.
Recently, our Firm actively participated in “Rally for Rivers” campaign to bring awareness to the people about our rivers being depleted at an alarming level. Mr. Luthra co-founded “Paani Foundation” along with profound Bollywood actor Aamir Khan to provide water solution learnings to drought effected villages and making Maharashtra drought-free. The team’s unyielding efforts created over 550 billion litres of water storage capacity in the state and the project has been ranked the ‘No. 1 Earth Healing Project’ in the world!
The Firm, represented a leading news and broadcasting channel in ‘Save the Coast Campaign’ before the National Green Tribunal and advised the government in a number of WTO disputes, assisted several ministries in drafting and reviewing of various policies and legislations.
Trust Law (Thompson Reuters Foundation’s global pro-bono legal program) awarded the Firm in 2016 for its outstanding contribution to advancing pro-bono in India.
Previously, the Firm also won Trust Law Pro Bono Award for its work in the Year 2012 for providing legal inputs to a Project titled ‘To Build a World Free of Slavery & End This Crime against Humanity’.
Partners we are associated with:
- Recognised by Forbes India in the Legal Powerlist 2021 as a 'Top Individual Lawyer' for Litigation.
- Featured in ‘Business World’s Legal World’s elite list of “40 under 40” – India’s top lawyers and legal influencers, 2020.
- Recognised as ‘Future Legal Leader’ by India Business Law Journal (IBLJ).
Founder & Managing Partner - New Delhi
Rajiv K Luthra
Founder & Managing Partner - New Delhi
- Anti-Corruption & Compliance
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Competition And Anti-trust Law
- Direct Tax
- International Trade
- Intellectual Property
- Management Labour & Employment
- Projects, Energy & Infrastructure
- Real Estate
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology (Tmt)
- Identified as 'The A List - India's Top Lawyer 2021' by India Business Law Journal
- 'Leader' for Project Finance practice by Who's Who Legal, 2021 & 2020
- ‘Market leader’- IFLR 1000 2020-21
- 'Top Managing Partners', by Forbes India Legal Powerlist 2020
- 'Hall of Fame' for Corporate and M&A, India by Legal 500, 2020
- ‘Managing Partners of the Year’ – ALB India Law Awards 2020
- 'Top 35 Legal Icons, India' - India Business Law Journal, 2020
- ‘National Law Day Award’ by the Prime Minister of India
- ‘The Most Promising Business Leader of Asia’ - Economic Times’ Asian Business Leaders Conclave 2016 - Kuala Lumpur.
- ‘International Jurists Award’ by the Attorney-General and Chief Justice of the United Kingdom
- Lifetime Achievement Award” in the International M&A sector” - 4th Annual International M&A Advisor Awards, New York.
- Honoured as “Legend in Indian Corporate Law” and “Ace Legal Eagle for Indian corporate law, specializing in tax, regulatory & compliance laws” - Asian Business Leadership Forum Excellence Awards, Dubai.
- ‘Managing Partner of the Year’ – IDEX Legal Awards 2016
- ‘Leading Lawyer’ in the areas of Corporate Law, Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions and Project Finance by Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, IFLR 1000, AsiaLaw and Asia Pacific Legal 500.