The Firm has a premier capital markets practice, showcased by our involvement on large, complex and marquee transactions. We are especially recognized for our understanding of regulatory expectations in a fast-growing capital market, characterized by rapid change and innovation.
Our capital markets practice covers the full spectrum of domestic and cross-border securities markets products, specializing in equity, debt, and hybrid listings. We also advise our clients on restructuring and liability management transactions. Members of our team have advised on a broad range of Rule 144A and Regulation S capital markets transactions for leading Indian companies across a range of industries.
The team advises on capital markets offerings across products types, issuers and sectors. Our experience includes advising on capital markets offerings by Government and private sector issuers in a wide variety of sectors.
Our lawyers draw on their deep product expertise to advise debut and repeat issuers (some being the largest companies in India), sponsors, selling shareholders, underwriters, and financial institutions such as large funds and private equity investors on their capital market transactions.
The Firm routinely works with specialist regulatory, restructuring, banking and finance and dispute resolution teams, maintain strong relationships with key international and Indian investment banks as well as top-tier international law firms, and work seamlessly with them to deliver innovative funding solutions and bring several deals to closure.
Over the last decade, the Firm has advised on the largest Indian IPO (Coal India), the first Indian business trust listing in Singapore (Ascendas), India’s first sovereign blue-chip equity ETF (CPSE ETF), the first Indian public offering priced French-auction style (NTPC) and the first offer for sale transaction by the government of its shares to the public on Indian stock exchanges (ONGC).
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Projects, Energy & Infrastructure
- Real Estate
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Ranked as 'Highly Regarded' for Capital Markets: Debt practice by IFLR1000 2022-23 Survey.
- Recognised as “40 Under 40 Rising Star” by Legal Era
- Recognised as “Leading Lawyer” in “Financial and Corporate” by IFLR1000.
- Recognised as ‘Distinguished Practitioner’ in the 2023/24 edition of Asialaw
- Ranked amongst the 'Leading Individuals' for Banking and Finance Practice by Legal500 Annual Research 2023.
- Awarded the ’40 under 40’ Rising Star by Legal Era for the year 2022.
- Recognised as 2022’s “Client Choice Award Winner” by Lexology.
- Recognised for outstanding contribution in the legal profession as the ‘Finest Young Lawyers’ in Asia 40 under 40 – 2022 list by Asian Legal Business.
- Ranked as 'Highly Regarded' for Banking by IFLR1000 2022-23 Survey.
- Listed among the ‘Top 40 Under 40’ India's Green Energy & Climate Leaders of Tomorrow for the year 2022 by EQ Magazine.
- Ranked in asialaw 2022-23 Rankings as 'Distinguished Practitioner' for Banking & Finance.
- Recognized for Banking & Finance by the Chambers and Partners Global Guide 2022.
- Awarded ‘Lawyer of the Year – India’ by Asia Law Awards 2020.
- Featured in the asialaw Client Servicing Report, 2020, for consistently delivering high quality service to clients