The Firm distinguishes itself by housing a specialized team advising on multifarious and multitudinous real estate issues on a pan India basis. The Firm focuses on client’s needs and objectives in a transaction and evaluates issues involved, formulates risk matrix, identify areas and issues which could be deal breakers and suggest appropriate rehabilitative measures and way forward strategy.
The Team has in-depth understanding of the commercial and legal complexities pertaining to the ownership of land, acquisition of land, land use and conversion, regulatory and approval issues, foreign investment, etc. assisting clients in planning the structure of and negotiating complex transactions. The Firm also advises clients on real estate financing and assists in the structuring and documentation of real estate mortgages, trust deeds, contracts of sale, and other financing transactions.
The Firm renders legal advice to both international and domestic real estate developers, venture capitalists, private equity funds and investors all types of real estate development, including commercial centres, industrial and residential complexes, hotels, resorts, golf courses, Information technology parks, multiplex entertainment centres, Special Economic Zone etc.
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Projects, Energy & Infrastructure
- Real Estate
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Ranked as 'Highly Regarded' for Capital Markets: Debt practice by IFLR1000 2022-23 Survey.
- Recognised as “40 Under 40 Rising Star” by Legal Era
- Recognised as “Leading Lawyer” in “Financial and Corporate” by IFLR1000.
- Corporate & Commercial, Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate, Banking & Finance, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Harry Chawla ranked in India Business Law Journal’s A-list of Top 100 lawyers in 2020 and 2022-23
- Harry Chawla recognised as the Real Estate Lawyer of the Year at the 12th Legal Era Awards, 2022-23