Ankit is a Partner Designate at Luthra and Luthra Law Offices India and is a part of the firm’s dispute resolution practice.
He has been a trusted adviser to a diverse range of clients from multinational corporations, public sector undertakings, and large Indian corporates to start-ups. Ankit is a versatile litigator who has regularly represented clients across different courts, tribunals, and in international and domestic arbitrations.
His principal areas of practice include commercial arbitration, corporate commercial disputes, and banking & insolvency litigation.
- Acted for Schlumberger in an international commercial arbitration for its lost-in-hole claims exceeding USD 800,000 arising under a contract for directional drilling and allied services in the states of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Successfully represented PSI InControl Sdn Bhd in an international commercial arbitration for its claims under a contract pertaining to supply of services and equipment for the Mumbai Monorail Project, including proceedings for appointment of arbitrator before the Supreme Court and the Bombay High Court.
- Acted for the American Tower Corporation (ATC) in arbitration proceedings, as well as in Section 9 proceedings for interim relief and Section 11 proceedings for appointment of arbitrator before the Hon’ble Delhi High Court, in respect of its claims against Reliance Communications and Sistema Shyam exceeding 1000 Crores arising out of Master Services Agreements for providing passive telecom infrastructure services.
- Acting for KEC International in ongoing arbitration proceedings arising out of an EPC contract for development of solar power project.
- Acted for and advised Evergreen Power Mauritius Private Limited in SIAC arbitration proceedings arising out of SHA and SPAs executed with a renewable energy major for joint development of renewable energy projects in India.