Geeta Dhania is a Partner in the Capital Markets practice and is based in New Delhi. She has led transactions that include domestic and international listings of equity, debt and convertible securities, and span private placements and public offerings by issuers across a wide range of industries.
Ms. Dhania has advised on some of the largest transactions in the Indian capital markets, including the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE) ETF; Initial Public Offering (IPO) of Coal India etc.
Other transactions of significance which Ms. Dhania has advised on include the stake sale by Government of India in ONGC through an offer for sale on the stock exchanges, the issue of perpetual debt securities and listing on the SGX-ST by Ballarpur. In addition, Ms. Dhania works closely with leading investment banks in India on various corporate and securities law matters.
Capital Markets/ General Corporate/ Transactional Experience
- Advised on some of the largest transactions in the Indian capital markets, including the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE) ETF; IPO of Coal India, Reliance Nippon, Reliance General Insurance, Ujjivan Financial Services, Mas Financial Services, Security and Intelligence Services, HUDCO, MOIL, Muthoot Finance; qualified institutions placement of CESC, Indiabulls Housing Finance, Edelweiss Financial Services, Yes Bank Limited; and follow on public offerings by Engineers India, REC, NTPC Limited.
Initial Listings in India
- Acting as counsels to the book running lead managers (Axis capital, BoB Capital Markets, Dam Capital and SBI Capital Markets) on the INR 5,000 million proposed IPO by Lava international Limited.
Qualified Institutions Placement (QIP)
- Acted as the counsel to the book running lead managers in relation to QIP by Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
- Acted as counsel to the company in relation to INR 31,728 million QIP by DLF Limited.
Sale on the Stock Exchanges
- Acted as counsel to the Government of India in the offer for sale of equity shares of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.