Vasudev has 18 years of experience with specialization in M&A, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital advisory. Vasudev also routinely advises on corporate restructuring, commercial contracts, general corporate and employment law advisory matters.
Vasudev’s experience spreads across sectors, including pharma, retail, real estate, media, telecommunications, IT/ITES, micro finance, liquor, heavy engineering, mining & minerals and defence. He has in-depth knowledge and understanding of various aspects relating to the legal and regulatory jurisprudence and practice in these areas. He also has extensive knowledge of foreign investment & exchange control laws generally and also the gamut of laws routinely associated with the manufacturing and services sector in general.
Vasudev has acted for leading international and India corporate houses and organizations, including Abbott Laboratories, bioMerieux, ArcelorMittal, Wal-Mart, Diageo, Visteon Corporation, Emerson Electric Co., Chemtura Corporation, Tangoe Inc., Middleby Corporation, Adtran Inc., Rambus Inc., Nokia, Christian Louboutin, Photonis Technologies, Hexcel Corporation, Rambus, NexGen Healthcare, Time Inc., Citi Venture Capital International, Wolfensohn Capital Partners, Sequoia, Samsara Capital, Mantri Developers, UTI Venture Funds, Leggett and Platt, Flextronics, Temasek, CapitaLand, Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. (FMO), Times Group, DLF Limited and DLF Brands Limited, Continental Hospitals, Medi Assist SM Electronics and MRN Group.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for Reliance Capital on a venture capital investment in Naffa Innovations Private Limited engaged in digital payment sector.
- Advised Christian Louboutin S.A. on its 51:49 joint venture with an Indian joint venture partner in the single brand retail space.
- Advised WCP Holdings III (a Wolfensohn Capital Partners fund) and Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. (FMO) in connection with their investment in Ujjivan Microfinance Services Private Limited, a leader in the Indian microfinance space.
General Corporate Advisory
- Advised Clifford Chance on a multi-jurisdictional corporate governance survey undertaken for CME Group.
- Advised Wal-Mart in connection with a proposal to set up cash and carry wholesales stores in Southern Indian states.