Vivek K. Agarwal is a Partner with Luthra and Luthra Law Offices India with over 15 years of diversified experience and has dealt with clients across continents and specializes in dealing with wide array of legal and associated business issues and offers solutions to business and legal needs of clients. He has the experience of advising on wide range of corporate legal matters including advising on India entry/ set-up and exit/ insolvency, corporate governance issues, restructuring, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions.
Vivek has extensively dealt with various ministries and departments of the Government of India including the Department of Economic Affairs, Department of Revenue, Ministry of Corporate Affairs and Reserve Bank of India and has also been a contributor to the Government in its efforts to bring about changes in policies and business landscape in India from an ‘Ease of Doing Business’ perspective. He is also a regular contributor to the World Bank in conducting its ‘Ease of Doing Business’ study in India.
Vivek has advised various multinational as well domestic clients in areas of corporate and commercial laws and has helped a number of clients’ set-up their India presence and strategize their business closure and India exit and also on obtaining relevant government approvals. His experience brings in a mix of effective implementation strategy and legal expertise and he strives to deliver the best solution to clients with his practical approach and efforts to balance risk with desired client objective.
- Acted at the behest of one of the largest steel manufacturers in the world in its acquisition of the distressed steel business of the Essar group in India under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Assisted the monitoring agency in negotiations and implementation of the resolution plan of an Indian listed steel major in acquisition of another listed entity in the steel business under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Assisted in completing the acquisition of the shares of the Indian subsidiaries of a leading identity management solutions provider in the United States following which the acquirer became the world leader in biometric identity solutions.
- Assisted a Chinese business house in completion of their asset and business acquisition of Brakes business units from a premier supplier of automotive chassis products to OEMs in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Assisted in setting-up of the successful venture which holds the exclusive right to organize and stage the hugely successful ‘Pro-Kabaddi League’.